Vivosonic Inc. is a leader in the development of innovative technologies to enhance auditory evoked response detection. We develop, manufacture and market medical devices for auditory diagnostic measurement. The Company’s core competencies are advanced signal processing and filtering techniques for the analysis of electrophysiological responses. Vivosonic is recognized in the industry for developing unique and effective solutions for detecting auditory evoked responses such as from the brainstem and auditory cortex.
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Supervisor: The position reports directly to the Director of Software Development and IT.
The successful candidate will be a Desktop developer, with extensive experience developing Windows based desktop applications using the .NET and C#. The candidate will also require extensive knowledge of National Instrument’s Labview to maintain legacy code. The Candidate will apply computer and engineering principles and technologies to the development of cutting edge healthcare products designed and produced here at our Toronto airport location.
Vivosonic is an ISO 13485 registered company, and as such the candidate will gain valuable training in working with ISO medical standards.
The successful candidate will welcome the challenge of solving cutting-edge technical issues related to clinical devices and is expected to research, design and develop software solutions in support of product development.
Responsibilities are assigned by the position Supervisor. These responsibilities will include assigned tasks and projects:
• Design and write code for PC desktop software used in and for Vivosonic Products.
• Design and develop database code for MS-SQL server.
• Develop using XML to represent data in application and in SQL server.
• Develop and execute software validation test procedures.
• Write software design descriptions, software requirements specifications and verification and validation procedures.
• Mentor project and fellow team members.
• Transform rough algorithm code to product level code.
• Lead in code review.
• Work with medical researchers and product management to deliver solutions for advanced medical devices.
• Contribute your thoughts and ideas during software design sessions and standups.
• Research and document issues relating to validation and testing of our products.
• Deliver the best possible quality, on-scope and on-time; and support and collaborate with scientific research staff and product design staff, as requested.
Understand the Quality Manual System and how it relates to the position:
• Ensure that Documents and Test Records produced comply with Vivosonic’s quality system.
• Ensure that all documentation relating to the creation of software is performed (e.g. task breakdown forms).
• Familiarity with all quality regulations (FDA QSR, ISO 13485 and IEC 62304).
• Ensure compliance of software with Coding Style Guidelines.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Highly desired: Proficient in writing Labview code.
• Highly desired: Proficient in writing C# code and XML experience.
• Highly desired: Proficient in Desktop software development.
• Knowledge of XML markup and associated technologies
• Knowledge of Graphical User Interface design principles.
• Knowledge of Program coding Best Practices.
• Database design and management concepts.
• Knowledge of statistics and clinical research methodology.
• Experience developing Medical Technology in a regulated environment.
• Deeply curious about new technology, techniques and ideas.
• Knowledge of Windows OS environment from a code perspective.
• Ability to create proper documentation in clear and concise English.
• Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly, and effectively.
• Ability to work closely as part of a team, as well as independently when necessary.
• Ability to respond to urgent situations appropriately by prioritization.
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to take initiative.
• 6 – 10 years’ experience writing code for Microsoft Windows environment.
• Certified or 5+ years LabVIEW Developer.
• Certified or 5+ Experience with C#.
• MUST have excellent oral and written communication in English.
• University Degree – Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with specialization in applicable subjects.
• The position reports directly to the Director of Software Development and IT. The Software Developer must promote positive and effective working relationships internally and externally.
• We offer a competitive salary and benefits for the successful candidate.
• Permanent – Full-time
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.