Medical Device Software Developer/Engineer
Vivosonic Inc. is a leader in the development of innovative technologies to enhance auditory evoked response detection. The Company develops, manufactures and markets medical devices for auditory diagnostic measurement and newborn hearing screening. These products are sold through a global distributor network in over 55 countries. Vivosonic invests heavily in research and development (R&D) to investigate new applications for its technology in audiology and other clinical specialties. The Company’s core competencies are advanced signal processing and filtering techniques for the analysis of electrophysiological responses and these strengths provide a clear competitive advantage in ABR detection. Vivosonic is recognized in the industry for developing unique and effective solutions to the everyday challenges faced by healthcare professionals.
Job Title: Medical Device Software Developer/Engineer
Supervisor: The position reports directly to the Vice President Research and Software Development.
We are looking to expand the Software Development team with an experienced software developer who is interested in creating value. The Medical Device Software Developer will apply computer and engineering principles and technologies to the development of advanced audiology diagnostic and screening equipment designed and produced here at our Toronto location.
The successful candidate will welcome the challenge to demonstrate their programming skills, working with medical and scientific researchers and product management.
Vivosonic is an ISO 13485 registered company, and as such the candidate will gain valuable training in working with ISO medical standards.
• Understand high level customer needs and purpose of equipment and operation
• Develop design descriptions and software requirements
• Develop and implement code to meet requirements for Vivosonic Products
o Design and write code for PC software.
o Develop database software and prototypes.
• Document high level and specific descriptions of the code for future reference and explain operation of the code and the interface.
• Unit testing and documentation of validation process
• Mentor project and fellow team members.
• Lead in code review.
• Meet Product Development timelines
• Document activities performed a per project basis for SR&ED.
o Understand the Quality Manual System and how it relates to the position
o Ensure that Documents and Test Records produced comply with Vivosonic’s quality system.
o Ensure that all documentation relating to the creation of software is performed (e.g. task breakdown forms).
o Familiarity with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304.
o Ensure compliance of software with Coding Style Guidelines.
Skills and Knowledge:
• C#, .NET, SQL, XML, C++
• Proficient in Windows PC software development.
o Knowledge of Windows OS environment from a code perspective.
• Knowledge of Graphical User Interface design principles.
• Knowledge of Program coding Best Practices.
• Database design and management concepts.
• Good oral and written communication in English.
o Ability to create proper documentation in clear and concise English.
• Has the skills and self-discipline to effectively work in a home/remote environment.
• Labview development experience
• Experience developing Medical Technology in a regulated environment.
o ISO 13485 and IEC 62304
• Project Management
• Team lead experience
• Ability to prepare high quality and reliable deliverables while working quickly, calmly, and effectively.
• Ability to work closely as part of a team, as well as independently when necessary.
• Ability to take initiative.
• 6 – 10 years’ experience writing code for Microsoft Windows environment.
• Certified or 5+ Experience with C#.
• University Degree – Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with specialization in applicable subjects.
• Permanent – Full-time
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.